Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Un déjeuner français


Sam and Josette's home in Provence. Meals were always delicious AND beautiful!


Well, here I sit on a Tuesday afternoon, FINALLY watching it snow! It won't amount to anything, but it's better than nothing I guess.

Since I only work part time, I have Tuesday and Thursday afternoons off. It is a bittersweet thing because on one hand, we don't get as much money, but on the other hand, I get some extra time to do things such as clean, cook, relax, plan and visit with friends!

Today, I got to visit with my friends from France: Sam and Josette. Sam is originally from Texas and Josette is from the south of France. They lived in the US, including Fort Collins, and they chose to retire in France and have been there for many years.
Sam and Josette

I never had the chance to study abroad, so when getting my second degree, I asked a French Professor what my options were for "studying," in France. After all, what kind of French teacher would I be with out spending significant time in France? I have traveled to France many times, but I have never "studied," there. So, my Professor introduced me to Josette. Two summers ago, I was lucky enough to travel to Provence and stay with Sam and Josette for two weeks. Josette gave me private French lessons, and I got to live the Provencial Life for a little while. It was a great experience.

Once a year, Sam and Josette come to Colorado for a month, because they have family from Fort Collins and Denver. When they come, they always invite Chris and I over for a visit. I have to say that it was really funny watching Chris get his first "bisous," from Josette when he met her.

Josette and I

Today, I went to visit on my own, because Chris was in school. I love getting to practice my French and get updated on European news. It was good to see my friends from France, and hopefully, Chris and I will go visit them in France sometime soon : )

Sam and Josette's home of Cabries, France

No comments: