Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Lazy Weekend... With No Guilt

Hello all! Happy Super Bowl Weekend.

For us, this has been a very lazy weekend. We went to dinner and a movie on Friday, lounged on Saturday, went to Church and lunch today and now... more lounging. I love the fact that the Super Bowl gives me a reason to be lazy! We really have not accomplished much! I (Angela) usually feel really guilty and lazy when I have weekends like this. Then, Chris reminds me of how much we do during the week, and I begin to understand why we have weekends... to recover.

Our weeks consist of: Teaching (which requires a great amount of energy to be effective for our kiddos), planning, grading, cooking dinner, making lunches, driving to Wellington (Ang), staff meetings, basketball practice and games (Chris), cleaning, taking care of our pets, keeping up with e-mail, staying in touch with family, shoveling the driveway, working out, laundry and thousands of other little things that keep us moving from day to day. And somehow, we still need to find time for ourselves and each other. It is no wonder that we are tired by the time Friday night rolls around!

I have to point out that we are not this lazy every weekend and I also have to point out that we love what we do and our busy lives! But, every once is a while, it is totally ok to put your feet up and just relax! So, I encourage everyone to take a lazy weekend without guilt! You will be better off for it in the long run... sometimes we just need to breath!

Happy Februrary and have a great week!

1 comment:

Mom said...

You deserve to lounge. We are so proud of you guys. Take it when you can get it. Love, Deb/mom and dad