Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Shampoo...really?


So, I have had many crazy, painful things happen in my life. I will name a few here:
- I smashed my chin on a metal trailer, resulting in stitches and a gnarly scar on my chin.
- I got kicked in the face by my horse, resulting in plastic surgery and a cracked bone above my eye.
- Breaking my wrist in 6 places and getting a concussion because a snowboarder took me out on a ski hill.
- Getting shampoo in my eye.

Yes, that is right people... shampoo! Last night, I was enjoying a lovely shower, and I was squeezing shampoo into my hand. Somehow, on the journey from bottle to hand, shampoo ended up in my eye.

Now, you're saying to yourself, "it's just shampoo." But, I promise you, it was dreadfully painful. This was truly one of the top 10 most painful experiences that I have ever experienced, I am not being dramatic here.

When the shampoo entered my eye, I immediately stuck my head under the shower head... to no avail. My eye would no open, even when I used my hands to try and pry it open. Then, I called Chris up to help me! I immediately started crying, because there was nothing we could do and the pain just wouldn't go away. And if you know me, you know that I am NOT a crier! Finally, I laid down and forced my eye open while Chris squeezed tons of eye drops in. Even after that, I was still in pain.

I find it unbelievable that a little shampoo could cause so much trouble and pain. I advise you, avoid shampoo in the eye at all costs!

Oh, and just in case you are wondering what kind of shampoo it was... Herbal Essences was the culprit!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Yeooooooooooowwww. If you would buy higher quality shampoo, maybe it wouldn't damage your cornea :) Love you