Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'd rather be by the pool

Well, we just got home from Craig/Steamboat. We were up there to celebrate Lauren's upcoming marriage with a Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party. It is a BEAUTIFUL day, and we have not seen very many of these this summer. I asked Chris to go to the pool with me, but he opted out and is taking a nap instead. And, I don't want to go to the pool by myself because we usually sneak into our old condo complex's pool, and I am too scared to be an outlaw all by myself. So, instead of working on my bridesmaid's tan for my strapless dress, I'm inside. Maybe I will gather the courage and sneak in the pool by myself if Chris doesn't wake up soon. Then again, if I go by myself, there will be no one to put sunscreen on my back... this is quite the dilemma.

The trip to Craig was fun and jam packed. We got there at about 6 on Friday night and had dinner, visited and went to bed. Then we woke up, Chris went fishing with his dad and the girls prepared for the Bridal Shower. The Bridal Shower was a Margaritaville themed shin-dig (thanks to Janie and all of her hard work), complete with margaritas, coronas, cheesburgers in paradise and Jimmy Buffet CD's. It was a fun get-together and Lauren got some great gifts to feather her nest.
Then from there, some girls went up to Steamboat for the bacherlorette party. We stayed in Shannon's condo (a friend of the Bergmanns) and walked downtown. We started at the Rio (as every good party should) and then went to a new bar in Steamboat. At the bar we met a member of the band Rusted Root, which was cool. Then we went back up to the condo and played some games.

All in all, I think it was a fun, memeroable day for Lauren. We will be back up in Craig in a week and a half for the big wedding. Congrats Lauren!

No comments: