Sunday, December 7, 2008

World Class Rock


Well, it has been a week or so since we have blogged, and that is because there is really nothing too interesting to share with everyone. But, it is Sunday night, I am planned for school tomorrow and I am waiting for laundry, so why not?

Music has been the theme of the week. On Wednesday, Chris got online and scored us tickets to the Fray at the Gothic theater (while he was supposed to be teaching mind you). Anyway, it promises to be a great show and we are excited.

Then, yesterday, we got up at 7:00 a.m., grabbed a cup o' joe and headed to ultimate electronics to stand in line for 2 hours. Why, you might ask, did we do this? To get a CD of course. But this is not just any CD. This is the 20th edition of the KBCO Studio C CD. For those of you who don't know what this is, let me assure you, it is worth waiting 2 hours in the freezing cold to get your hands on this CD. Every year, world class artists come to the KBCO Studio in Boulder to record unique, live songs. Then, the studio puts them on a CD, sells them and uses the money for AIDS relief. Pretty cool huh? Last year, I waited in line alone to get Chris the CD as a gift; this year I made him go with me. This years CD includes: Colbi Caillat, Jason Mraz, Marc Cohn and many more. AND, Chris knows someone who was able to get us all of the KBCO Studio C albums so now we have some awesome music to jam to! We think it's pretty cool.

On another music note, I am now one week away from taking 2 of my French classes to the Columbine Health Center, where they will sing Christmas carols in French to the elderly. They will then get a chance to visit with the residents and chat. I will be the first to admit that the kids don't sound the best when singing the songs, but it is not as bad as you would thing AND we have a whole week to practice. But, they are really excited and I think it is a great way to learn. I will let you know how it turns out!

Well, I guess that is it for now. Maybe there will be something more exciting to post at another point in time. Have a great week!

No comments: